Here’s a shocking fact: 346 million people worldwide have diabetes. More than 90 percent of them – including an increasing number of children—have type 2 diabetes, putting them at greater risk for heart disease, stroke, blindness, neuropathy, kidney failure, and death.1 The rising obesity rate – more than doubled since 1980 – is driving much of this global epidemic.
Bioscience researchers around the world are waging war on diabetes, and MPI Research is providing key weaponry: fast, accurate, and innovative preclinical models to help advance the most promising treatments.
MPI Research stands with you on the battlefield against this deadly disease – and like you, we will never surrender.
Diabetes Models from MPI Research
Type 1 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes
- Rat and mouse, diet-induced, and genetic models available
- Body weights, glucose, and insulin levels
- Glucose and insulin tolerance tests
- Gene expression analysis of relevant metabolic pathways
- Variety of additional biomarkers available
- Diet-induced and genetic models
- Weight gain and prevention studies
- Rodent models: fructose-induced hypertriglyceridemia, high fat, and high cholesterol diets
- Body weights, complete lipid profiling, glucose, and insulin levels
- Histochemical and immunohistochemical staining for lipids, fibrosis, and inflammatory cells
- Arterial plaque formation and quantitation