Every physician understands the value of inflammation. It’s how the body’s immune system kick-starts the healing process; however, too much of a good thing can be painful, damaging, and even deadly.
MPI Research understands the value of precise, high-quality discovery and preclinical skills. It’s how we help scientists in their quest to grasp the complex biological processes of inflammation and pursue effective therapeutic targets.
We help researchers develop promising new therapies to address the root cause of inflammation-related autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pulmonary fibrosis, and other disorders.
The impact of unchecked inflammation cannot be understated. Chronic inflammation can lead to serious conditions ranging from atherosclerosis to age-related muscle loss and to cancer. Pain and other debilitating effects cause suffering and often lead to the inability to work or enjoy life.
MPI Research offers an array of in vivo disease models, safety analyses, and technical capabilities designed for inflammation research. Our scientific knowledge, world-class facilities, and team-oriented approach are unmatched in the industry. The Sponsors we serve are our colleagues, and we share their commitment to developing new treatments.
Sponsors trust us to deliver results quickly, reliably, and accurately. That’s a standard we proudly set and consistently meet—benefiting our partners and the patients they seek to cure.
- Collagen-induced arthritis (rodents and NHPs)
- Peptidoglycan-polysaccharide (PG-PS)-induced arthritis
- Adjuvant-induced arthritis (polyarthritis or monoarthritis)
- Proteolipoprotein (PLP)-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE)
- Arachidonate-induced ear edema
- Carrageenan-induced paw edema
- Bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis
- Inflammatory pain (carrageenan-induced paw edema)
- Paw volume measurements (plethysmometer)
- Tactile allodynia (Von Frey fibers)
- Thermal hypersensitivity (modified Hargreaves)
- Clinical sign scoring
- Biomarker analysis (gene, protein expression patterns)
- Flexivent lung function evaluation
- Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) with leukocyte differential counts
Years combined experience
Studies performed in the past 2 years